This Week in Sports | 12-30-20 to 1-5-21
Jump to Section:
- Trending Circa | Sports Conversations >
- Top Circa | Sports Tweets >
- Circa | Sports News Stories >
- Trending Twitter Sports Betting Conversations >
- Top Sports Betting Tweets >
This Week’s Trending Topics for Circa | Sports
Trending Circa | Sports Conversations
Top Circa | Sports Tweets
Happy New Year @VSiNLive fans!
Make sure to go to https://t.co/kBVRWYMSvO for all the new options. pic.twitter.com/edvmSp2xLP
— Derek Stevens (@DerekJStevens) December 31, 2020
So close to the double win. Ugh Seattle gave us the miracle then took it away….we won @WestgateVegas SuperContest for $435k which is so cool and a dream! We managed to tie for 2nd in @CircaSports for $200k consolation prize! What a fun ride @markgregorich
— David Baker (@audavidb) January 4, 2021
🌎DAY 189 WORLD RECORD 🌎 at @CircaSports Special announcement regarding our new website https://t.co/pLsXnXjHve WE will look to continue our great 🏀NBA 13-2 RUN tomorrow , special shout outs to @MurgesJohn @smoothturn2 and @Senseisports1 FOLLOW are here on Twitter and. IG 💰✅ pic.twitter.com/ylXv0XqbGd
— @VegasJoe (@vegasjoecirca) January 5, 2021
"I'd be on cloud nine if we didn't have that second sweat. But we're still super pumped." – David Baker (@audavidb), after he and @markgregorich won @SuperBookSports #SuperContest and took 2nd in @CircaSports #CircaSportsMillion. @Covers report:https://t.co/PkoClqrUAg
— Patrick Everson (@Covers_Vegas) January 4, 2021
💫💫💫💫💫💫💫 💫 💫 💫 💫 💫💫
ATTENTION #GamblingTwitter @MurgesJohn and I have COLLABED on
A HUGE 3unit WAGER. GET ON BOARD.
🍀🍀ARI vs LAR | ARI -3 (+100) 2u🍀🍀@CircaSports at @CircaLasVegas is second to none. @VegasJoeatCirca look forward to meeting the gang 🍻.
— SwiftBetSports📌 (@SwiftBetSports) January 3, 2021
Some books offer $2.76 max bet to average bettors while @CircaSports offers $100k to anyone in the world no matter how sharp you are. Need I say more? https://t.co/4IlEOI9aKe
— KW (@KW_Odds) January 3, 2021
🌎DAY 190 WORLD RECORD 🌎 100 retweets and 100 likes so I can get the NBA 🏀FREE PLAY video out for Today .I just left one of my favorite local books @southpointlv Sportsbook ,where I met our guys to go over plays 🏀 On my way to @CircaSports 💰 Follow me here on Twitter pic.twitter.com/xHcUGiPiAU
— @VegasJoe (@vegasjoecirca) January 5, 2021
$100k app limit for Orange Bowl. @CircaSports
— Matthew Metcalf (@MMpact) January 3, 2021
We might even show our age and do some ‘80s rewind. @MurgesJohn you take the lead at @CircaSports. We will need to bring along @VegasJoeatCirca @BostonBetter93 @2tallRedden @BDribble for laughs. https://t.co/Y1SqDRiHuM pic.twitter.com/YEC0Bggr1J
— SwiftBetSports📌 (@SwiftBetSports) December 31, 2020
Circa | Sports in the News
Last Call on NFL Futures by Sam Panayotovich of Fox Sports
“‘There are basically three stages to futures betting,’ Circa Sports sportsbook manager Chris Bennett told FOX Sports. ‘You first put the odds out a full year in advance. From that point up until the month of the regular season, it’s fairly slow. From a month out to the season opener, it’s the Wild West.’“
Oklahoma goes from Cotton Bowl underdogs to favorites as Florida stars opt out by David Purdum of ESPN
“Matt Metcalf, sportsbook director for Circa Sports in Las Vegas, said his shop started seeing bets on the Sooners on Tuesday night, shortly after Miami quarterback D’Eriq King was injured and knocked out of the Cheez-It Bowl against Oklahoma State. Metcalf said he believes bettors were speculating that Florida quarterback Kyle Trask, an NFL prospect, might not play the entire game against the Sooners.“
DSR90-1 wins Circa Sports Million II; 35 chop $2.39 million Survivor by Dave Tuley of VSiN.com
“Circa Sports hosted a viewing party at BarCanada at the D Hotel-Casino in downtown Las Vegas Sunday as it feted the top finishers in its high-end football handicapping contests, Circa Sports Million II and Circa Survivor. A contestant using the alias DSR90-1 won the $1 million top prize in Circa Sports Million, in which contestants paid $1,000 per entry and make five NFL picks a week against the contest spread. DSR90-1 went 4-1 in Week 17 with wins on the Steelers 8.5, Ravens -12 and Buccaneers -7 in the early games Sunday and Texans 7.5 in the afternoon games. His only loss was on the Dolphins 1 and finished the season with a record of 56-27-2 (67.5%).“
Pair Of Poker Pros Win $785K In Sports Betting Contests by Steve Schult of Card Player
“David ‘ODB’ Baker and Mark Gregorich paired up in the Las Vegas SuperContest hosted by the Westgate Las Vegas and in the Circa Sports Million II. The duo won the SuperContest, one of the most coveted titles in the Las Vegas sports betting world, for $435,623 and finished in a tie for second in Circa’s contest, adding another $200,000 to their bank accounts.“
Notable Bets: Favorites, and bettors, win big in Week 17 by David Purdum of ESPN
“The numerous opt-outs and quarantines resulted in the bulk of the money bet on bowl games coming in late at Circa. Metcalf estimated that upward of 80% of the money bet on some bowls came in within an hour of kickoff.
‘If I read information, I’m not going to sit there and wait for the market to tell me what it’s worth,’ Metcalf said. ‘I’m going to form an opinion and say ‘if this guy’s out, I think that’s worth four points. I think there’s a 50% chance he’s out, so make a two-point move.’ We try to price that in, the same way [bettors] are doing. But they’re usually in a superior place of information, where they can usually scoop us.’“
NFL betting duo wins SuperContest, falls shy of Circa Million by Patrick Everson of Covers
“Meanwhile, the aforementioned DSR90-1 had a superb finishing kick to claim the $1 million top prize and the coveted blue jacket in the Circa Million contest. The contestant went 4-1 on Week 17 picks, winning on the Steelers, Texans, Buccaneers and Ravens, with the lone loss coming on the Dolphins, to finish with 57 points. Baker and Gregorich went 3-2 to finish with 56.5, tied with Cris Zeniuk, who also pounded out a 4-1 Week 17 with wins on Washington, Green Bay, Detroit and Baltimore. so those two entries won $200,000 apiece.“
Pair of poker pros win $435K Westgate SuperContest pot by Dave Tuley of VSiN.com
“The victory was a little bittersweet, as ODBMG2 also led the Circa Sports Million heading into the final day and could have won both. They ended up tying for second at Circa to add another $200,000 to their team’s winnings. Baker said he and Gregorich split the handicapping duties 50/50 but also had a third silent partner that shared in the winnings.“
Circa Survivor winner relishes run to perfect 18-0 NFL season by Todd Dewey of Las Vegas Review-Journal
“A celebratory feast is certainly in order for the group of friends who, under the alias WHERE’S LUNCH-2, were one of the winners of the inaugural Circa Survivor contest. Thirty-four other contestants also have cause for celebration after completing a perfect 18-0 season of picking weekly NFL winners (straight up, with no point spreads) without using the same team twice.
All 35 $1,000 entries from the starting field of 1,390 that were still alive Sunday survived and will chop the $2.39 million pot for a payday of $68,285.71 each. The prize pool was comprised of the $1.39 million in entries for first place and a $1 million bonus added by Circa owner Derek Stevens for an undefeated season, which included a separate week on Thanksgiving Day.“
This Week’s Trending Topics for Sports Betting
Trending Twitter Sports Betting Conversations
Top Sports Betting Tweets
Update on NFL Championship odds as we head into the playoffs:#ChiefsKingdom +160#GoPackGo +450#Saints +750#BillsMafia +750#RavensFlock +1000#Seahawks +1200#GoBucs +1200#Titans +1800#HereWeGo +2000
Love the value you can get in #BillsMafia. They can give KC a run.
— Bryan Bennett (@BetfredBryan) January 4, 2021
If the @ChicagoBears win tomorrow I’m picking one random person who retweets this (probably not many given my followers so great odds!) and sending them a true top shelf bottle of mystery bourbon. #bears #bourbon #whiskey #NFL
— Jonathan A (@JonathanAHand) January 3, 2021
JUST IN: Tonight’s Ohio State vs Clemson game is the most bet game in @DKSportsbook history.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) January 2, 2021
I'm actually glad Florida showed up and played like that. I hope it embarrassed the shit out of the selection committee. Florida had no business playing in that game over Indiana. I would bet the house Tom Allen would have had Indiana ready to compete.
— jbook™ (@jbook37) December 31, 2020
Last 3 years if you have blindly bet Alabama in the first half in every game you are now 30-10!
— Brad Powers (@BradPowers7) January 1, 2021
Since many have asked: Unclear exactly how much interest NFL teams have in him, but right now I'd say 80% chance Harbaugh will return to Michigan, and 20% to the NFL. Harbaugh is flying back to Michigan today. If it starts stretching out the odds shift gradually to the NFL.
— John U. Bacon (@Johnubacon) January 4, 2021